Peppermint Patty Brownies with
White Chocolate Mint Drizzles
February 11: Peppermint Patty Day
We had some Peppermint Patty (round chocolate-covered mints) in a candy dish leftover from a holiday event. So we decided to bake them into brownies. We enhanced this simple recipe by flavoring melted white chocolate with mint and drizzling it over the brownies. The drizzles reinforce the minty taste as well as add a decorative touch to these sweet treats. Prepare Peppermint Patty Brownies with White Chocolate Mint Drizzles—they are perfect for observing Peppermint Patty Day!
(Adapted from Real Simple)
- 1 box brownie mix, family size (19 ounces, 9×13 inches) [we used Duncan Hines brand dark chocolate fudge flavor)
- 1 package Peppermint Patty candies (we used York brand)
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate (we used Baker’s brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
Unwrap the Peppermint Patty candies and set aside. Line a 10×10-inch square baking pan with foil and grease with cooking spray. Mix the brownie batter with the ingredients according to the package.
Layer half of the batter on the prepared pan. Place the Peppermint Patty candies on top. Carefully cover with the remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Transfer the brownies in the foil to cool on a wire rack.
Slice in 36 mini-squares. Separate the brownies and place on a wire rack above another foil-lined cookie sheet.
Melt the white chocolate. Stir the mint extract into the melted white chocolate. Fill a pastry bag with a small round tip or a plastic zipper top bag with a small cut in the corner with the melted chocolate. Drizzle over the brownies. Let the chocolate cool and set. Place the brownies on a tray and serve. Garnish with fresh mint leaves (optional).
- Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies as they tend to stick on stainless steel knives.
- Ice the brownies in chocolate frosting before slicing into squares for a sweeter dessert. Then decorate in white chocolate mint drizzles as described above.
- Search our blog for more brownie recipes.