Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
January 24: National Peanut Butter Day
Islander and her brother often travel together to attend work-related conferences because they are in the same field. On one of their trips, the weary travelers walked to a restaurant near their hotel and quickly devoured their dinner. But they also wanted to eat something sweet afterwards. They split a chocolate peanut butter pie—oh my! It was a deliciously decadent and terrific treat after a long day of traveling.
Upon her return home, Islander searched online for a simple recipe for chocolate peanut butter pie. She found a basic recipe that allowed her to add creative combinations of toppings of her choice (see the Notes below for other decorating ideas), although it is perfect as a plain pie, too.
On National Peanut Butter Day, give chocolate peanut butter pie a try!
(Adapted from The Pioneer Woman)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounces) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 container (8 ounces) non-dairy whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- chocolate pie crust (we used Keebler brand Ready-Crust)
Cream together the peanut butter and cream cheese. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until well blended. Stir in the non-dairy whipped topping until light and fluffy.
Pour into the chocolate pie crust. Use a spatula to smooth out the top. Refrigerate for an hour or until firm. Decorate as desired.
- Make this chocolate peanut butter pie pretty by sprinkling chocolate curls/chips and peanut butter baking morsels, drizzling melted chocolate or peanut butter or adding crushed peanuts or chopped chocolate peanut butter candies (such as Reese’s brand) on top.
- Search our blog for more recipes containing peanut butter.