(Indian-Style Mango Ice Cream)
June: National Mango Month
As a sweet ending to our savory and spicy meals at an Indian restaurant, we like to scoop up some mango kulfi in our buffet bowl. This is a brightly colored and intensely flavored Indian version of ice cream. Those who are “mad for mangoes” will surely care for some kulfi, especially during National Mango Month.
- 2 cups canned mango pulp (kesar/saffron)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-5 cardamom pods (optional flavoring)
In a large bowl, mix the mango pulp with the condensed milk. Pour in the evaporated milk.
Add the whipping cream and blend well. Stir in the cardamom pods, if using. Pour into a freezer-safe container. Cover tightly and freeze for at least six hours. Serve chilled.
- Kesar mango pulp contains saffron, which gives it a vibrant golden yellow color and a distinctively delightful taste.
- If using cardamom pods, remove prior to serving.
- Search our blog for more mango recipes.