February 9: National Bagel Day and National Pizza Day
Highlander’s all-time favorite food is pizza! Our first-ever blog post was for a pizza recipe and we have made mini pizzas (pepperoni and sausage) as well. We have used different crusts for those recipes. But for National Pizza Day today we used thin bagels for the crust because it is also National Bagel Day! Pizza bagels are simple to make and doubly delicious for celebrating both food holidays.
- Bagels (we used thin bagels)
- 1 small jar pizza sauce (we used Ragu brand)
- 1 bag shredded pizza cheese
- 1 package of mini pepperoni slices (we used Hormel brand)
Cut the bagel in half. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bagel halves. Sprinkle the cheese shreds over them.
Top with mini pepperoni slices. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before eating.
- The second week in January is National Pizza Week. September 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day. October is National Pizza Month. October 11 is National Sausage Pizza Day. And November 12 is National Pizza With Everything (Except Anchovies) Day.