HI Cookery is 2!
April 11: HI Cookery Blog Anniversary
Wow! Thank God for helping us persevere and reach our second year of food blogging and “cooking the calendar” with ethnic and eclectic recipes. Although we are not able to post every single day, we make an effort to do so at least once a week. Today, in lieu of a recipe, we reflect on HI Cookery’s second blog-o-versary (April 11, 2011-2012).
Domain Name. HI Cookery went from https://hicookery.wordpress.com to http://www.hicookery.com. Thanks to Islander’s brother, Kahuna B., who gifted us with the domain name on our wedding anniversary last July 13.
Guest Chefs. Family and friends gave us a hand (literally!) by cooking for us and we have gratefully included their recipes—and photos of their hands—on our tutorials.
- Brother Kahuna B. – Sweet and Sour Beef Stew
- Goddaughter Keira B. and family – Whoopie Pies
- Nieces Nichole and Danielle R. – Dokeyanas
- Friend Olga W. – Pierogi
Lots of Links. HI Cookery is honored to be associated with the following sites:
- LeapZeum – We tested the recipe for Leap Year Day Cake. It is simply sweet and would make a nice birthday cake for the Leapers.
- M5 Cake – Islander has a new baking and blogging buddy—Margarita F. at M5 Cake. She is a fellow member at the local cake club in South Texas. They teach each other how to make macarons and frosted sugar cookies, share recipes and resources and get together to learn more about cultural cuisines. See all her amazing cookies, cakes and confections at her site at M5 Cake.
- MacTweets – We participate in the macaron-making challenges and get ideas and inspiration from talented MacTweeters from around the world.
- Party Ideas by a Pro – Event Producer Matt James in England included our Yoda Soda in the Star Wars theme party section and showcased our Elmo macarons in the Elmo theme party section.
- Pinterest – People who found HI Cookery’s recipes interesting have “pinned” and “re-pinned” our food photos onto their online bulletin board. Thanks for the publicity and the positive blog traffic!
Yes, it has been another busy year of blogging, but we are encouraged by the support of family, friends and followers to continue our goal of cooking our way through every day. As HI Cookery begins our third year, we are committed to sharing more of our culinary and cultural experiences with everyone via the blogosphere.
Tapadh leat! Mahalo! Thanks!
Highlander and Islander
- As of today’s second blog-o-versary date, there have been 326 posts published, with Cookie Monster Cupcakes still being the most viewed for the second year in a row!
- Although we bought a new digital camera (Sony Cyber-Shot) this month, we still use Islander’s old one (also a Sony Cyber-Shot). The latter is battered from falling in batters! But Highlander took it apart, cleaned it and fixed the zoom button so we can continue to take photos for the step-by-step shots of our cooking process. We use his Canon Rebel digital camera for the final food photos.
- We admire fellow food bloggers who are able to post recipes and photos more frequently than us. We especially like the sites that show how they cooked the dishes. Those tried-and-true tutorials are most educational—and motivational!
- More recipes are scheduled to be posted.